Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Smashing again

 It's been a while since I shred a smash page!
This morning I got up with hubby and while I was enjoying a cuppa joe
I wrote out my challenge list!
The new job is going fabulous, and I need some stress relief!
I made this Christmas inspired smash page, probably cause I wish it was winter time
(it's a fabulous time in Phoenix!)
and cause there seem to be a lot of Christmas in July themes going around!
A few weeks ago I found this cool book at the goodwill,
it's a cookbook of sorts, and it's from the late 1800's and is out of Virginia..
Don't worry, it's a reprint, but I thought it was perfect for this little smash page!
The image is from The Ocotopode Factory,
and I added some glittery embossing to her dress and ear muffs
Here's her close up
She was fun and pretty easy to color!
 
I'm linking up with:
Octopode Factory: Inspired by writing
The pink elephant: monochromatic
Designed to Color: Sketch
Craft Room Challenges: Heat Embossed
Diva's by Design: Tags
 

6 comments:

  1. Pleased you got your stress relief ....your "smash page" is brilliant. Love the different elements. Thank you for entering the Craft Room embossing challenge. Wishes, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your smash page, gosh you make me want to get my art journal out :-) love the embossed glitter too- so perfectly christmasy, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous smash page! I'm loving the roast turkey recipe!! You are going to have so much fun with that cookbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So kewl, great image and coloring, thanks so much for sharing it with us at DTC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! Love the idea of using a sketch for a smash page:-) Thanks for joining us in the Designed to Color Challenge:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!