Sunday, January 5, 2014

Balance with anything but a card

 Hello blogger friends!
There is a brand new challenge that goes live today at Anything But a Card.
The challenge is BALANCE....
 
I gotta tell you that I struggled coming up with what to do with this challenge.
I mean how do you translate an action into an art piece?
Can you see what I created?
Yep, I altered a little alarm clock.
I did it in a steampunk style,
I think that a clock is the perfect thing to represent balance.
The precise ways that the mechanism has to work, the trust that we all put in
our clocks everyday keep us in balance as well!
Plus I got to use some of the new product that I snagged at after Christmas sales!
(The cogs, and plaque) 
Here is a close up of the little piece of dictionary paper with balance that I added
to the face of the clock, along with the lacy doily, the painted 5,
and the cogs around the 7 and 8.  
Finally at the base of the clock I added this plaque.
I hope you'll hop over to the new challenge at Anything But a Card,
get that imagination running, there are endless possibilities.  
 
Entering into:
Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenge: Use your New Stash
punk you girl: Steampunk 
Simon Says Wednesday: Something New

7 comments:

  1. Wow, LOVE IT!
    A brilliant make for the "balance" theme AND for our Steampunk January Challenge over at SanDee&amelie's as well! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome make with us!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stretching and balancing has resulted in a wonderful art piece Diana. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love where you went with this! The alarm clock is a fabulous alteration and I love the steampunk style!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally awesome. I especially love how you used the dictionary definition. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous piece of altered art, Diana! Wonderful layers and colours. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Something New!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total klasse umgesetzt das Thema, auch die Innengestaltung der Uhr ist eine famose Idee. Ein sehr gelungenes Werk.
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this very Steampunk you imagination is awesome such a beautiful piece thanks for joining us at Punk you Girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!