Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Summer Bookmark

I Love Bingo!!!
Hubby thinks I should actually be about 65 years old....
But I Love Bingo!!!!

So when I saw the Bingo 2 Week challenge over at shoppingourstash I KNEW I was going to participate!
Of course I also love saturated canary's challenge, so for my first combo challenge, I did this little beauty



For SC the challenge this week is bookmark, 
it's perfect for that summer book I'll be picking up soon!

For the Bingo challenge I had to incorporate glitter, pearls, distressing, blue, and flower...
I love the glitter in her hair... feels like she got some sand stuck in her locks


I also got a chance to use my new denami stamps that you may remember I won in a blog hop last weekend.. That's the little butterfly, embossed and painted with pearl watercolors!
I also incorporated some of the twine I got in that same win from the twinery to the ribbon's at the top of the bookmark..

The pearls and flower I tied together in my handmade flower which is also blue


There is some distressing on the edges of the bookmark, and I also used ranger distress inks and a little punchinella on the side of the bookmark. 

I hope you love my summer bookmark!  
What is your favorite book??  How would you make a bookmark for it? 

6 comments:

  1. Oooh la la!! Lovin' her sparkly hair :-). FAB job, girl! So happy you joined us this week at Saturated Canary Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I really like all the elements, especially that hand-made flower! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh its awesome, I love it! the bubble stamping is fab too!
    thank you for popping in and sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great bookmark- too cute to hide in a book! So happy you joined us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, fab flower too!
    Thanks for joining us at SC challenges!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glitter in her braids, cute cute bkmk, hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!