Thursday, March 20, 2014

60th birthday card

2 years ago for my moms 60th birthday I got all of her friends to write her a letter!
So yesterday when my mom told me that the daughter of one of our old neighbors was doing the same thing I figured it would be a great opportunity to make a card
(like I need an excuse!)

I knew I wanted to use my stampendous House mouse balloon trio stamp,
But I didn't want to use the whole stamp!
So I fussy cut just one mouse, and mounted that onto a die cut with glitter embossing
All along the edges! 
Then I cut a star out of canvas, and stamped the coral and turquoise stars on it.
After tossing some glitter on the background I sewed down the star.
Added som pennants and bows, a couple of buttons, and the glittery 60 in lime green!
Ohhh it was fun to dive into just a little bit of mixed media! 
All of the paper for this card came from a 6 x 6 Glitz pack.

Linking up with:
Stampendous: mixed media
Glitz: glitter
Cute card Thursday: wild world
Paper issues: show us your star
Penny's paper crafting :buttons and bows
Simon says stamp wednesday: glitter it 

7 comments:

  1. Cute image - love how you've put it on the canvas star! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully special card for such a special occasion! I LOVE the canvas star and the sparkly numbers!
    Such a great idea to write letters for the birthday girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your canvas star is amazing!!! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so adorable! I love House Mouse designs and this is a cutie for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious, Diana! What a wonderful card for a special birthday. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Glitter It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable birthday card!! Great job with the Uncharted Waters collection! Thanks so much for playing along in our March Glitz Design project challenge...we LOVE seeing your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I bet your card recipient was really cheered by this card! What a delightful birthday greeting. Very clever to cut out just one of the mice! Thanks so much for playing in our March Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!