Sunday, March 2, 2014

How do you sparkle?

 Hello all my bloggy friends,
I am currently away in Florida,
but today is a BRAND spankin new challenge at Anything But a Card!
Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!
Show us how you sparkle!
 
My friend Mary would love all of this glitter,
she is after all addicted to it for sure!
I got the fabulous wooden love sign when I went shopping with my girlfriend a few weeks ago,
I painted it turquoise, and set it aside for a week or so.
I was going to try doing some wet embossing on it, but it just didn't seem to turn out right.
Sooooo I pulled out my glitter, and went to TOWN!
I started with silver on the O, and stared at that for a day or two,
then I added the pink Stampendous glitter, and mica pieces to the V
Finally I covered some of my wood stars in you guessed it, glitter!
Finally, around the L I wrapped some rusty wire that I got at the Donna Downey Studios
when I visited there last year!
Some music paper and glittery ribbon finished this piece off!

I have a little confession....
Glitter isn't very easy to photograph,
and just as I stepped outside to try to take this picture the wind picked up like crazy!
This piece has found a home on the bookself in the living room, and maybe it will eventually end up on top of the cabinets in the kitchen!

Please come over and see the fabulous projects that the Design Team has posted
at Anything But a Card, and then get some glitter or other sparkly stuff working and come join in the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Diana - I'm with your friend Mary, can't resist anything glittery. Love how you've given a shop bought find a glitzy makeover and the rusty wire is perfect. Great photo' too - glitter is a nightmare to capture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!