Wednesday, April 3, 2013

12 tags of 2013: April

Hello!  Happy Wednesday!
Ok, I know for some of you that it's already Thursday,
but I'm getting a later than usual start to my day as I took a late afternoon nap
and then I'm headed off to work!

I wanted to share this tag I made for the 12 Tags of 2013: April challenge
He is showcasing the new metalic distress paint dabbers,
and as I don't have any of those, I used what I do have...
Which are the original paint dabbers in red, orange and yellow.
The butterfly stamp is from Stampendous,
the owl is from a set of metal embellies and the compass I got from a fellow blogging friend
the 9 is a grunge letter that I attempted to do some patina on...
the pic straight on doesn't really do it justice.
Here is a different view where you can see the way the wings are flipped up
And here's a close up of the owl... he was originally a bright silver color,
and I was able to paint him up and use some of my metalic distress stains
to make him a more rustic coloring
And here's a close up of my placard, and the 9
I love all the pretty bright colors, a little brighter than I usually use, but I really like the way
this tag turned out!

So I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the lack of posts over the next few weeks,
I am headed off to Florida and Charlotte on Saturday,
and I'm afraid I may not be online too much!
I hope to have my DT posts on auto pilot, but there may not be much else other than that.

I'm also super excited to be hopefully stopping by the Donna Downey Studios
when I'm in Charlotte with my mom!
How exciting is that???  I also signed up for an art journaling class with Dina Wakley
at a local Scrapbook store here in Glendale, az at the beginning of May! 

I know there's lots of great stuff going on over the next month!  
I hope you had a blessed Easter, and are having a glorious Spring!  

Linking up with:
Simon Says Stamp and show: Anything goes

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous take! Love the corals and oranges here...very warm...very Spring! Thank you for sharing with our anything goes challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show...no joke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yummy warm colors in the background and a great take on tim's tag too! Sounds like you have some fun crafting adventures coming up! Glad you joined in on the fun at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! Love what you've done with all the elements and texture. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!