Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wizard of oz card!

It's fun to have a piece "commissioned"
My friend Steph loved the wizard of oz tags, 
And asked me to make this wizard of oz card to go with it.

The images are from Saturated Canary,
And I typed out the sentiments on my typewriter!

The background paper is hand sprayed, and then I used my dylusions inks
To paint on the grass.
For the yellow brick road, 
I layer out the bricks using my glossy accents,
Then I inked over with my wild honey and rusty hinge distress inks.
The glossy accents act as a resist, 
When the ink is wiped away the glossy accent is left.
Pretty cool huh?

Entering this into:
Nearly mine challenges: anything goes

2 comments:

  1. So very cute, I love the way you've done the background. Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea on the bricks and Dorothy's shoes look fantastic! Love the matching card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!