Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Be a rainbow art journal page

I don't get stressed out very easily.
 But sometimes life throws you curves that are hard. 
The last few days that's been me!
Our car has bee making a sort of grinding sound, so my husband brought it into
The dealership. 
Let's just say we weren't really prepared for the outcome. 
Mostly not financially prepared! 
This morning as I "worried" about what to do I created this page.
I used my ranger art journal to create this page, and dictionary pages for the houses. 
At first it was just the background and the houses along the bottom.
Then as I searched through pinterest for the perfect quote I found
"Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud."
Wow this summed up how I was feeling.
This page is dedicated to my parents, they are my rainbow today!

This rainbow reminds me of monsoon season, the beginning of summer here in Arizona
When we all pray for rain so it's not so hot,
And then curse the humidity!
Somehow we have the most amazing rainbows!

As always I hope you are getting some creative time in!

Linking up with:
Mixed media monthly: summer days
Simon Says stamp Monday challenge: Specialty paper

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely, summery art journal page! I love that you used dictionary pages for the houses! The color palette is so pretty!! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!
    www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore how this turned out! I am a color-holic and your color palette was so yummy! It was both soothing and energetic and made me happy just looking at it. I also love the whimsical little houses and how each one has its own personality. The sky background is really beautiful and you're right: this quote is perfect! I also enjoyed reading your post and thought it was really admirable how turned a negative experience (car repairs spare no one!!!) into a positive and uplifting page. Kudos to you for seeing that rainbow and for sharing it with the rest of us! Really loved both your story and your art and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute art journal pages! I love the colors and the summery feel. Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!