Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Beachy canvas


This morning I got up early.
I wrote out a list of all the projects I wanted to work on.
This beachhead canvas was at the top of my list!
I've been watching YouTube tutorial videos for the last 5 days, 
and today I finally have the time to create! 

First and foremost I knew I wanted to use my Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, and play along with the current challenge found here and this graphic:


So here's what I created!
Most all the background is Lindys sprays. I used:   pop rock purplemerry go round greenraspberry lemonadetime travel teal,  also used magical powders freaky franken-lime and witch potion purple, which are both part of the haunted Halloween pigment powder set. 

I started with layering on sprays and powders to make the background. 
I sprayed, and heat set, and sprayed and heat set until I had a background I loved!

I then layered some stencils and using distress inks added a bit more color and texture. 
Next I painted the chipboard pieces with gesso, and then sprayed them with the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and the magical powders. 
You can see I didn't use some of the pieces here, there are some great chipboard pieces in the set! 
Finally I started assembling the embellishments and picture on the canvas. 
Don't you just love that lighthouse??
I layered some dictionary paper, twine, an old doily, buttons and pearls to complete the photo area. 
I could use these sand dollars on hundreds of projects!  And all colored up with golden sleigh bells from the jingle bells spray set!
I love how I mixed and matched sprays from a number of different sets and they all look amazing together! 

Thanks for stopping by today.
Entering into: 
Lindy's Stamp Gang: October Color Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Diana, this is so beautiful!! Like a watercolor painting!! Your background turned out fabulous!! Thank you for joining us at Lindy's Stamp gang for the Color challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and especially the Imaginarium feather!
    Thank you for joining us at Lindys Stamp gang for the Color challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!