Thursday, November 29, 2012

A stampendous Christmas card!

                         It is still very hard to believe that it's almost December!
Today I was at the park in shorts and a tank top yet again! 
I know I live in Arizona, but I want it to feel like Christmas!
Soooo I made this pretty  Christmas card when I got back from my work out!
I'm playing along with the challenge over at the Stampendous Blog who is teaming up with
coredinations for a hard core Crop!
The challenge is to use a stampendous stamp (that would be Santa!)
And also to use coordinations color core Cardstock
The black with the red paper is coordinations, and the green background paper is also
coordinations! 
I embossed the black paper with my Tim Holtz embossing folder,
which made the paper crack, I then sanded it with my sander, and cut the edges with my
pinking sheers. (yep, I've used them before, and I'll use them again!)
For the green cardstock I also cut the top and bottom edges with my pinking sheers,
I then ran the edges thru my sewing machine
I then cut a piece of gold ribbon and added an antique button (estate sale find)
Here is a close up of Santa
as you can maybe see, I paper peiced the middle of him.  I love the little
added detail this brings!
I'm sure if you've been following my work at all you are getting super sick of this
same green color over and over... I have great news... Today I bought 2 new copic's
both in green!  I'm super excited to try them out tonight! 
I hope your Christmas Crafts are all on track! 

I am also entering this into:
Creative Inspirations: Traditional Christmas Colors (this is my second entry, if that is no acceptable please delete my prior entry thank you!)
Crafty Sentiments: Red, White, and green (and in my case black as well)


11 comments:

  1. Perfect combination of the embossed background and the vintage Santa...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous gorgeous! LOVE the Santa against the Black Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat Santa, love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card, a great take on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great creation! Thanks for playing at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab unusal christmas card Diana !! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation, love the background, very cool! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments Designs:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card - love the embossed background
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Red and Green challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous texture as your background, it really pops! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge! I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Love the background and the paper piecing on Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I love the embossed background and your paper pieced Santa is terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!