Sunday, November 25, 2012

Anything but a card challenge 7

Good morning!
Today is a new challenge day at Anything But a Card
Where you are challenged to make anything but a card, and this week you can be inspired by this fab picture
At first I was tempted to try to do a painted umbrella,
but alas I live in Arizona, and umbrellas seem to be pretty hard to come by here!
(who knew!)
Sooooo I had this awesome Saturated Canary image and since
my inspiration from the picture was the umbrella, I ran with it!
Yep, I haven't had an altered composition book in a while!
Ok, so here's the back story, when my parents were out 2 weeks ago we decided we were going to do a family weight loss challenge.  So we got a number of family members on board, and we've been doing our best to keep eachother accountable, and as I'm sort of spearheading the operation, I am offering some prizes. 
This is the prize going out to my sister in law in Florida. 
Hopefully she will stay inspired to keep up the good work!
Plus since I seem to always be winning things, and it's so much fun for me to get these fabulous prizes in the mail I thought I should return the favor! 

Here is a close up of the little sentiment on the front cover....
I love this!  I got a pack of clear stamps at Joann's black friday/saturday sale
they are all very inspirational, and I really cannot wait to use some more of them!

Finally, here is a close up of my colored image
yes, I used my copics,
and yes, I was also inspired by some other challenge blogs that I play along with
Please head over to the Anything but a Card blog and join in our biweekly challenge
or at least check out all the creations from this super talented Design Team!

Entering this into:
Saturated Canary Challenge: Challenge 31: a sketch
Just Us Girls: Photo Inspiration (see below)
Pinspirational Challenges: photo challenge (I was inspired by the wood of the swing, and also that in the picture there is a pen/ paper/ envelope, and my creation is a comp book)
Tuesday Alchemy: Anything But a Card
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge: Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. How lovely! Such a great motivational book- love the sentiment and that fabulous image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous altered book Diana. I love all the elements you've used. Great that it's for such a good cause. Great project.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Diana and such a fab take, on the painting well done Hugs Elaine
    I am your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project, Diana, very edgy and COOL. Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Alchemy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the image & sentiment. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Anything Goes challenge.
    Melissa
    “Sunshine HoneyBee”
    PDE DT Group B

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what an awesome way to use the sketch!! I love this!!
    thank you so much for sharing your book with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute image! Thanks for joining in with Just Us Girls~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Really like the theme and colours!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Pinspirational Challenges!

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your motivational book is perfect! Your idea of working together to achieve your goals is super and will I am sure be very satisfying. Winning and sharing - I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A delightful card :) Great image and love the wood panel paper you used. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome take on the inspiration photo. Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool idea, the quote is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great project :-)
    ..thanks for sharing with us at Saturated canary Challenges..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!