Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Funkie junkie tag #9

Happy day before Thanksgiving
Are you all prepped and ready for the craziness??
I know I am! Lucky me I don't have to do all the cooking... 
I work Thanksgiving night, and we all bring a part of the meal! Yeah!
I'm soooo looking forward to Steph's green bean casserole,
And I'm trying out my Great Aunt Jewell's chocolate divine dessert... Mmmmmm

Ok ok, enough jabbering on.. 
This post is actually another Christmas tag from The funkie junkie week 9
Hop on over and see what Linda created! 
Then you'll see I was inspired by her layout, and her background
This challenge is being brought to you by her store The funkie junkie boutique
Where she's having a moving sale!  Yep, she's headed to Gainesville from South Florida!

Sooooo for the background I cut a piece of scrapbook paper with that wood!
I then die cut all the hearts out of some distress papers
Then I used my new distress stain to ink up the hearts
I was also inspired by the button on Linda's creation with the twine 
I only had a super small piece, so I made it work
Then I added the ticket, the number 4 and the bow on top!
The leaf is also a die cut that I grunted up with my sanding block

Here's another look!
I also am playing along with: 
Seriously creative challenges: Wood
Shopping our stash: Leaves
Cut it up challenge: Buttons everywhere

12 comments:

  1. Very cute tag! Love the bow and ticket! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the leaf tucked behind the heart! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely tags well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rustic tag! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag.. Thank you for joining us at Creative Accents Challenges.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love your tag, gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tag- I am so enjoying your funkie tags! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this tag! Thanks for playing at Cut It Up! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a great dinner - sounds fun! Love this tag, especially the white washed paper! Thanks for playing along with Seriously Creative Challenges this month, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That whitewashed woodgrain paper is wonderful and so perfect for this tag. The hearts and the buttons are spot-on too. This tag is totally wonderful. So glad you played along with Tag #9!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another wonderful tag! I love the aged wood background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!