Sunday, November 11, 2012

A princess and a reminder

Happy Sunday all my blogger friends!
Usually today I would be posting my DT creation for Anything but a Card 
However I had my parents in town this week, and there are some finishing touches I need to put on my creation! Sooooo hop over to anything but a card and check out their new challenge....
"A stitch in Time" where you can submit anything but a card that includes either time or stitching! 
Super fun challenge!

So today I'm sharing with you all the beautiful card I got to make with my mom!
She just loves hanging in the craft room when she comes, and we made this fab 
birthday card for my cousin.

Over at the Saturated canary challenge blog the newest challenge is "fairy tales"
This beauty reminds me of a princess, and I think she is a perfect fit for the
Challenge! Mom wanted this relatively clean look, (I did talk her into the flower)
The threading of the ribbon through the paper was her idea, and I will most likely be doing this
Technique again!  It was a little time consuming, but it's a really pretty effect!
Here is the princesses close up!
And on the inside we just had use this paper with the dresses! 
Wanna hear something super fun? The side with the sentiment is embossed using white embossing powder that mom gave me a few years ago.... 
Which she had bought years and years before when we lived in Idaho! 
So literally 25 + years ago!
I love how the card turned out!

Entering this into:
Saturated canary challenge: Fairytales
Chocolate, coffee and cards: Stripes

6 comments:

  1. Oh Diana, how lucky you are to be able to share your crafting with your Mum. Great card you produced too. There are tears in my eyes as I write. I miss my Mum, I miss her wisdom and I miss her wonderful creativity.
    Enjoy all the moments you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Diana, I love the verse inside too
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!

    Thanks for joining us at CC&CC.

    Hugs, Nelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty.. :0)..thanks for sharing with us at SCC Hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love this image!Thanks for joining us at SC Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, thanks so much for joining us at Saturated Canary this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!