Sunday, November 18, 2012

Anything but a card

Hello fellow bloggers!
Today I am excited to share with you my latest Design Team creation
for anything but a card where the challenge is
faux stitching or a stitch in time
I used both... or I tried to at least!
Ironically, about 6 years ago when my hubby bought me a sewing machine
I got into sewing, I had tried my hand at a crazy quilt that never really turned out!
So I wanted to give it a try again.... however not with my sewing machine!
but with the top of this container!
Last weekend when my parents were in town we were able to hit up a few
estate sales, and as I have been getting low on my button supply, I was super
excited to get a slew of them for super cheap!
However I then of course needed somewhere to house them.
So I cleaned out a mayonaise jar and embossed some aluminum tape (I promise I'll give the tape a rest soon!!!)
But the embossing folder is one of the only things I own that has a clock on it!
So I inked the aluminum tape with blues and purples, and then ran it thorough
the embossing folder, and then ran my black staz-on over the raised parts,
Finally I added some numbers around the edge of the top
of the jar... Sort of feels a little more clocky (maybe not a word?? he he)
Don't forget that this is the last week to get your creations in to
anything but a card!  Next week I'll be back with another fab creation (I hope!!!)
Have a blessed Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. This is soo cool! Love the top too...neat idea and glad you replenished your supply of buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!