Thursday, May 24, 2018

Art Journal Challenge: Scribble Sticks

Ok, so today is Scribble Sticks. 
Remember if you want to win a set of your own, leave a comment here or on any of the Art Journal Challenge posts!
So today I decided to do a little more drawing, 
I figured a cactus would be a good place to start, 
and then I could color them in with the scribble sticks. 
I'm not always good at leaving white space, so this was a bit of a challenge for me. 
But I got to work with a pencil first,
and you can see where I started coloring in the drawing,

At this point I could have just colored them in with the sticks and not gone in with water.
It looks sort of like crayon.
But you all know that wouldn't be me! 
This was fully colored with water, and then I went over the drawing with my pen. 
I'm pretty happy with how they came out! 
I mean not bad for my first try!
Then of course I had to add a verse to the other side. 
This was in my "the Book of Mysteries" devotional today, and it really is what prompted the cactus.

I know when I'm in a dry area of my life I can always find comfort in God, and in His many promises!

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you are inspired in some way!  






2 comments:

  1. I’ve never heard of scribble sticks yet suddenly I feel like I can’t love without them! Lol! Those are lovely pages!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!