Monday, May 5, 2014

Steampunk on retreat

As some of you know I got to go on a crafting retreat with my crafty friends this last weekend!
I worked on a number of projects, but this is by far my favorite!

We stopped into the only scrapbook store in Payson, az
And when we were leaving a very nice lady outside snapped this picture of all of us.
So I sent the picture to walgreens.com, and went to pick the pictures up the next day.
Yep, I had it printed up 8 times,
Then I gave one copy to each of the girls, and I challenged them to use it in some sort of project.
We had a lot of fun getting our craft on!
Here is a fab close-up of the upper corner with som metal gear fabulousness! 
I also stamped in the film strip with staz-on ink.
I obtained thus fun birdcage from one of the other girls,
I colored it with my metallic ink pen, and then distressed it,
Added the dangling metal pieces, and added it to the page with some butterflies in the cage. 
I also borrowed a cogs and gears die cut, 
And used some of my stash of color coredinations black paper
Then I distressed those too. Now looking at them I think they would have been really awesome 
with a little perfect pearls on them! 
I got this great little ruler at an estate sale while we were up in Payson. 
I love what it added to the page. 
Finally, here is a little close up of the butterflies
That I punched out of some metallic looking paper.
Plus you can see a close up of the metal bits and bobs at the bottom of the birdcage.
I'll be entering this into the 
SanDee & Amelie's steampunk challenge: heavy metal
Day 3 challenge at citrus twist: use your embellishments

7 comments:

  1. Great journal page with good steampunk colors. Very good idea with the ruler as awning over the store, and it looks like you ladies had a good retreat.

    Thank you for participating in Sandee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenge.

    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty cool! LOVE your LO and the steampunk feel to it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SASPC!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool page. Love the metal accents. Thanks for playing along with Citrus Twist's NSD challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend I am sure you had Diana. Love your steampunk themed page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page and perfect embellishements.
    Thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges
    Coutureuse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, as a thank you for participating in my NSD challenge, i'd love to send you a little prize. could you email me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!