Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Challenge: Day 29

Five songs or pieces of music that speak to me or bring back memories

1.) The Old Rugged CrossI remember playing this song on my flute in front of my church when I was probably about 10, and my dad played along side me on his guitar, and he sang.  I'll never forget practicing with him, and then actually doing the piece!
2.)  Chicago: You're the Inspiration: Ok, so I'm going to date myself a little here. I remember my sister getting a cassette tape for Christmas, and on a road trip home from somewhere I got to listen to the tape while laying on the floor of my parents caravan, and dozing in and out of sleep. I was probably 12.
3.) Michael Jackson: Black or White: After moving to Florida when I was 13, and then again when I was 14, at about 15 I remember getting our very first CD player. And lo and behold, the very first CD I got was Michael Jackson. So I remember listening to this CD quite a bit!
4.) Matchbox Twenty: 3 AM: Matchbox Twenty has been my favorite group for oh 16 years!  They got me through high school and into college!  I have seen them in concert about 12 times, and still look forward to every show! 3 AM was their first big hit, and just hearing the first few chords brings me back!
5.) Kenny Chesney: Somewhere with you: This brings back memories of our honeymoon in Hawaii, and of all the months leading up to our wedding!  We listened to this album lots and lots... and lots!!! 

I hope that you like this compilation of my favorite songs!  Some of these have gotten me through those times when I just wanted to be enveloped in music!  
 
James 5:13
Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.

 

1 comment:

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!