Friday, February 7, 2014

Love note

 If you follow my blog you know that this card is pretty different for me!
My niece had me create this card, and asked for black roses.
I wasn't sure what she meant until she sent me a picture!
I picked up the stamp from Michaels, it's a Stampendous Stamp, and is a good size stamp
As you can (maybe) see I stamped on black cardstock and then used my white embossing powder
**side story** I got the white embossing powder from my mom when she was cleaning out...
I distinctly remember when she first got the powder.
I was probably 7 or 8 years old, and we went to this little craft fair (the town I lived in was small!)
my mom bottle of embossing powder, a couple of stamps (which I also now have) and a stamp pad.
This was my first experience with any sort of papercrafting!
That was probably about 25 years ago, and the embossing powder still works!
Here's a close up of the main rose.
I used my metalic gelpens to color in just this flower, the gelpen is supposed to have a pink tint,
but it doesn't really show up very good in the pics!
 
Linking up with:
Stampendous: Love Letters
A blog named Hero: Flowers
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love how you stamped your image on black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Love how you colored just the one flower, and the gel pens were perfect for that! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge this month! Please come back and play next month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!