Sunday, October 14, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 14 and Anything but a Card Challenge 4

Ok, ok, ok, so I made this project over a month ago!
It's been really hard to no share it, but I wanted this to be my Halloween/ Fall post for Anything But a Card
I know if you check out my blog at all that you know this Challenge blog is super fun!
And it's anything but a card, so let your imagination run wild!
I know I did!
Sooooo hubby and I picked up this bad boy at an estate sale some time in August,
I was trying to plan ahed for my 31 days of Halloween 
and I loved all the rust and old goodness I found!
But what to do, what to do?

How about a halloween doorhanger? There are lots and lots of possiblities with this non traditional art product!
Ha ha ha is that an understatement??
Ok, here's what I created......
First I painted the wood parts with a green acrylic that was washed down with water.  I hoped that some of the original graphics would come through, and they did a little... then....
Yep, I used some of my hoarded Graphic 45 papers, some vintage lace, some vintage ric rac,
a found piece of metal (the skull) and a gear covered in glitter..
on the top I added a strip of paper, also from Graphic 45,

And then I added a glittery orange pipe cleaner for the handle
(sorry for the glare off the glass that is in fact my back yard ha ha ha!)
Soooooo this fun piece was super fun to create, and it was really pretty easy as well!
Sooo, next time you see one of these big bad boys at a garage or estate sale, pick it up, maybe you'll be inspired to create a christmas decoration???  Or just a Halloween decor...

Sooo get out there are create! It's good for the soul, and calming to the spirit as well!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!This is AMAZING!Gorgeous!Very Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius and an absolutely wonderful piece!! I have to say your purpose for that bad boy is much better than our usual method...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!