Thursday, October 18, 2012

Come fly with me

I wanted to play along with a few challenges, but I've also been wanting to try some new techniques...
I found Studio l3 which is a challenge blog that goes along with Tim holtz
Compendium of curiosities II. And the prize is a wow gift card from Simon says
Their challenge ends very soon, and if you have the book (which I don't by the way 😁)
Then they are on page 53...
So last time I was at the hobby lobby I checked the book out...
It's a cool technique where you emboss onto black paper and the color in the image 
Using perfect pearls....
So here's the ATC I created
Lucky for me Wicked Wednesday atc has a new challenge butterflies
This week! Plus Flutterby wednesdays challenge is anything with wings
So I stamped using my denami design stamps, in clear, and then clear embossed over to make a resist
Then I colored in the butterflies with my perfect pearls... The book goes much more in depth so check that out! 
I Added a some words punched on my dymo 
Do you like??
It's definitely more shiny in person....

Entering this into:
Studio l3: Challenge 25
Wicked Wednesday ATC: Butterflies
Flutterby Wednesdays: 210 any winged creture

7 comments:

  1. oooh - I LOVE this!!! I was just thinking about trying this technique out, or something similar, when I saw it on the Bombshell blog. They used black embossing powder, I like your idea of using the clear! :) Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday, this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this technique before...I LOVE IT! What a wonderful ATC...so perfect for this week's Butterfly challenge. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday this week.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic and I love the idea of just perusing the book in the store, I would do that exact same thing if I saw it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! It's wonderful. Thanks for fluttering with us at the FBW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful creation thanks for joining us at fbw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great - love the effect!! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so amazing and I love the color that was achieved with the perfect pearls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!