Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 22

I had a lot of fun with this zombie image from Saturated Canary
I had been eying it for a while, but money's been tight, so I was lucky enough to win 
This and another digi last week! 
So I decided to do another Halloween tag! 
I've been trying out Tim Holtz marbled stain technique.
I don't have the products he suggests, but I improvised, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
So the challenge at Saturated canary challenge is a color challenge
Lots of deep dark colors... Most of which I don't have!
So I did what I could with what I do have!
Zombie is colored with copies and prismacolor markers.
I added some glossy accents to her eyes and the kitty's eyes.
Here's her close up....
Don't you just love the little zombie kitty too?
I tried to color him like my crafty kitty, but he's a little off...
Then I made some embellishments... Again I improvised and used what I had at home!
The heart is a die cut from grunge paper, inked up with vintage photo and then 
Covered in rock candy crackle
And the "boo" is typed on that little blue typewriter
Finally I finished the tag off with a cat I inked up using a Tim holtz mask, and the cut hin out and covered in the rock candy crackle

So that is day 22...
I spent a good part of the morning in the craft room, so stay tuned for some more blogs today!
Happy crafting!

Entering into:
Saturated canary: Challenge 28
Pile it on: Any holiday
Robyn's fetish challenge: Halloween


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag, love the cat.

    Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, hope you will join us again ;0)

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tag hunnie sssooooooo spooky!! thanks for joining us at saturated canary its lovely to have you big huggies June xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On "Holiday and Holiday Challenge” with us! Just loved your tag, and hope to see you back here next week!

    PIO DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!