Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 days of Halloween: Day 3

I've made it to day 3!! I know that doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment,
But for me it is!
Today I'm sharing another Pinterest inspired creation!
This was a can of beans! Yes it was!
But any tin can will work! 
So go eat a can of soup and come back!

This guy was super easy and fun to make!

Paint your can green! 
Cut a little piece of felt for the hair (I happened to have some with a swirly design)
Attach the nose. Do this first, or his face may come out lopsided
Then the eyes, and then grab your sharpie it draw on the mouth and some extras
Finally add a little pink on his cheeks (I just used some distress inks)
And finally the ears!!
There is of course a story behind the ears!
I had some pretty orange earplugs all picked out and sitting on my craft table....
I walked away.... When I came back they were missing!
 I was able to find one, but the kitty isn't giving up the other, so lucky me I 
Found this yellow pair in the nightstand.... There was no sitting around, I hot
Glued those bad boys right on! 
Hope your enjoying the Halloween posts! 

Entering this into:
Shopping our stash: Go green or recycle (my project is both green and recycled!)
Craft room challenges: Alter it
Recycle, repurpose, reinvent: Halloween (must include a recycled item)
Tuesday alchemy: Anything but a card or tag
The Corrosive Challenge: something wicked



20 comments:

  1. Aww...This is simply adorable!! Love your cute frankenstein! Thanks for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job of recycling here. Frankie is cute, cute. Thanks for entering at Recycle, Re-Purpose, & Re-Invent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Dusty Bin! well that was my first thought on seeing this fab fun altered tin. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your use of a tin can. Frankie is soo! cute Thanks for joining us at Recycle, Re-Purpose, & Re-Invent. Paula DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your altered can, he's so cute and such fun. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute. I'll have to get that bean can out of the trash and get working. LLOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun can!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!! I think I might have to make something like this too!! Thanks so much for joining us this week on Tuesday Alchemy!!

    Cheers!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect, Diana! You really did a great job with this challenge! Such a cute project! Thanks for sharing it with us at SOS!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a cool altered creation, I love this! Thanks for joining in with our "Alter It" theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this!! This makes me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You may only be on day 3, but these are fantastic ideas!! LOVE this one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so much fun! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! Great piece. Thanks for sharing with us at Corrosive Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cool, fun piece of altering. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is soo great! I love everything about it. so fun.


    Thank you for joining us at SHopping Our Stash!

    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing transformation of a can! Who knew you could create such a darling Frankenstein?! So glad you shared at Recycle, RePurpose & ReInvent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know what's funny, one of my cats steals every earplug she can! She prefers used ones....ew :P
    I absolutely LOVE this idea - it's just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So Cute and Fun Love this...Thanks for Joining us at the Inspiration Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet and how much fun this would be to do with some lil crafters!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!