Sunday, October 28, 2012

Funkie junkie tag 4

I have been a bad bad Halloween blogger the last few days!  
It's simply been busy, and Hubby and I are now in full swing getting ready for mom and dad's arrival
at the end of the week! 
We couldn't be more excited! 
I seem to be moving more into the Christmas Spirit the last few days, so you may see a few more
Halloween posts, but I'm being pulled into the world of glitter and greens and reds!  AHHHH
However I've been following the funkie junkie's blog challenge for 12 Christmas tags!
I am sort of glad that I'm still a few weeks behind, it gives me something to dream about ha ha ha
Today however I'm sharing my rendition of week 4!
Miss Linda has the most fabulous creations, and I've pulled a few different pieces of her creation for this tag!
(You can see her creation here)
and here is mine... 
I was very excited to be able to use my new embossing folder for the red background that I distressed using my sanding block!  I then glittered up the die cut star with some gold glitter, and I die cut a tag and stamped "dream" on it, then added a cut out of Tim Holtz Ideology paper and of course some twine!
The flower is the two smallest tattered flowers die cuts using kraft glassine.
A quick stamp towards the top of the card, and then I added a burlap string with some more twine 
and a button, just like Laurie did!  (only her's is much better!)
I'm enjoying these tags immensely! 
And the best part is that Laurie's store (found here) called the Funkie Junkie Boutique 
 is sponsoring this challenge,
and she is offering a fabulous prize to 3 winners!!!  Wow!
It's certainly not to late to join in the festivities, and the best part is they don't have to be tags, you just have to take some inspiration from what she's created!  
Which for me it seems is always a LOT!

2 comments:

  1. Another wonderful tag! I love the glittery star and the whole vintage feel of the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag came out terrific, Diana! I can totally see the inspiration from my tag on it. The glittered star and the kraft glassine flower are wonderful but my favorite part is that sensational vintage image. So great to have another entry from you into my 12 Tags of Christmas challenge - keep 'em coming.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!