Saturday, October 20, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 20

Wow, only 11 days till Halloween.
This month is just flying by! 
I have been getting back into my running the last few days, and so I haven't had as much time for crafting.
Don't despair, I have a fun offering for today! 
I appologize ahead of time for the  pictures,
this product is hard to photograph!  But it's one of my most favorite products and techniques to use!
That's right, you've all seen it before (and you'll see it again!)
It's the aluminum tape at work again!
This time I dry embossed it using Tim Holtz gears embossing folder.
I then put the tape on the tag.  Then I used my alcohol inks in plum and green
(sorry I forget which one I have)
to add some color to the tag... then I ran the tag lightly across my staz-on black ink pad
this just picks up parts of the gears and highlights them!
Ok, enough talk... here's the tag!
I used a pretty image from Dilly Beans, and I'm gonna play along with their Cute and Creepy challenge
I colored her up using my copics and prismacolor markers.
I then added some glossy accents to the hearts
Here's her close up...

Isn't she lovely?  The hearts were die cut using a Sizzix die cut that I rescently got.
I added a little doily behing for some interest, and I distressed that using my peeled paint distress ink pad.
I am also playing along with Cut it Up Challenges: Eek, boo, ahh  Halloween.
The BOO is grungeboard letters that I painted first, and then covered in the glitter! 
I LOVE glitter! Kitty even had some glitter on his face today from playing in the craft room with me!
I'm also playing along with Alphabet Challenge Blog: Anything Spooky (or not?)
And Anything Goes Challenges: Make your own embellishments (I think I've done quite a bit of that!)
Bearly Mine Challenges: #57 Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Challenges: Halloween
Desert Island Crafts: Challenge 40 (Purple, punches, CASE (come back for my next post and
you'll see where!)
Diva's by Design: #57 Something Spooky
Simon Says Stamps challenge: Eerie inspiration
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Use your favorite (Can I say Aluminum tape any more???)
Tammy's scrapping cornerAnything Goes
Cute card Thursday: Got glitter?
Alright, I think maybe that's enough challenges to enter!  After all, I wanna be able to play along with some other challenges this week!  It's my long weekend (4 days) so I'm hoping to finish off some DT commitments, and get some fun posts up for you all! 
Have a great rest of the weekend! 



22 comments:

  1. Waht a fabulous tag Diana. The shiny tape sets it off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag! I love all the glitter you added and your coloring looks great! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great tag. You have coloured that image beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fantastic - love that background - really effective & such a great Dilly Beans image - love the dimension on the hearts! Thanks for joining us at DICC for our challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge Blog this challenge
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute Halloween tag! Love the colors and all the glitter! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, Diana! I really like all of your elements. I especially like that you made the hearts glossy on the Dilly Beans image. I love that one...one of my favorites, for sure! Thanks for playing along with Dilly Beans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag Diana :-) I love the image, she is very cute and the embossing and colours are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun tag! I love all the glitter! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the amazing things you do with this stuff!! This is fantastic and I love all of the glitter with the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, what a great job
    This is a fantastic image and what a wonderful talent. Please come back next week.
    Hugs
    Tammy Ortiz
    Founder of
    Tammy Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow fabby tag love all the colours..many thanks for oining us at CRAFTY CATZ a worthy entry hugs sassy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tag! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, good luck and hope you will come and play again.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bright and shiney tag. Love it. This is a fun technique. Love the image you chose. Thanks for playing along this week at Dilly Beans

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome tag, thanks so much for joining us at Dilly Beans and at DICC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tag!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. DT Member Shannon83k

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning tag, your Dilly Beans image is fabulous and I love your beautiful details.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun tag! I love the glitter and your coloring! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up Co-Founder

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful tag!! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great sparkly tag. Very lovely.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant card and thank you for entering our Halloween challenge this week at CC.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tag, and great image! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!