Wednesday, October 17, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 17

Ok, ok, so I missed yesterday.... It happens :)
But today I'll make it up to you!!!
MMMMMM Today I have pumpkin cheesecake for you!
Well... I have a picture to maybe make you drool, and a recipe!
Sooo the recipe isn't mine exactly!  I did make a few tweeks, but it's pretty much Paula Deen's recipe which can be found here
and as my friend Steph said, "it's pretty much just cream cheese and pumpkin filling right?"  It's not, but it's entertaining when she thinks so!
Here's my finished product (I know it's sort of cracky!)
but it's super yummy, and I've decided that instead of the chicken I brought for dinner  I'm gonna just have lots of this and a few cups of coffee.
So I did promise the recipe, and here it is, but again, this is mostly from Paula, I just made a few minor tweeks :)

Ingredients

Crust:

  • 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 stick melted salted butter

Filling:

  • 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
  • 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For crust:
In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
For filling:
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.
Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.

This is also a great recipe for Thanksgiving!


3 comments:

  1. Diana this looks totally yum! WOuld it make any difference if you used fresh pumpkin? Pureed pumpkin is not something we would find in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you totally could... just make sure to roast the pumpkin first.. or you could look up how to make puree'd pumpkin on line... super easy, and I bet it would be even better than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... YUMMY!!!! Just think of those cracks as spots where some of the 'awesomeness' popped out! Thanks for sharing the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!